SEALING FLORIDA CRIMINAL RECORD – ORLANDO CRIMINAL ATTORNEYS
CALL US TODAY
Criminal Defense Menu
Sealing Florida Criminal Record – Orlando Criminal Attorney
Clearing your record can be very beneficial to your future. An arrest, regardless of whether or not the case was dismissed, can follow you throughout life causing problems with employment and advancements in careers, as well as creating difficulties in renting property, and can damage your reputation.
In many cases the arrest and criminal record may be sealed or expunged, preventing the public’s access and allowing you to not have to disclose the information in certain applications and situations.
Sealing Criminal Record:
A person may be eligible to have their arrest and criminal record sealed if:
1. They plead guilty or no contest to the offense, and
2. They received a withhold of adjudication for the offense, and
3. They have never been adjudicated guilty of any other crime.
If a person’s criminal history record is sealed they may lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge the arrests covered by the sealed record, except when the subject of the record:
1. Is a candidate for employment with a criminal justice agency;
2. Is a defendant in a criminal prosecution;
3. Concurrently or subsequently petitions for relief under Florida Statute 943.059 or 943.0585;
4. Is a candidate for admission to The Florida Bar;
5. Is seeking to be employed or licensed by or to contract with the Department of Children and Family Services, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, or the Department of Juvenile Justice or to be employed or used by such contractor or licensee in a sensitive position having direct contact with children, the developmentally disabled, the aged, or the elderly as provided in Florida Statutes 110.1127(3), 393.063, 394.4572 (1), 397.451, 402.302(3), 402.313(3), 409.175(2)(i), 415.102(5), 415.103, chapter 916, 985.644, chapter 400, or chapter 429;
6. Is seeking to be employed or licensed by the Department of Education, any district school board, any university laboratory school, any charter school, any private or parochial school, or any local governmental entity that licenses child care facilities;
7. Is attempting to purchase a firearm from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer and is subject to a criminal history check under state or federal law; or
8. Is seeking authorization from a Florida seaport identified in Florida Statute 311.09 for employment within or access to one or more of such seaports pursuant to Florida Statute 311.12.
Speak with an Orlando criminal attorney or review the following Florida Statutes for more information on expunging or sealing a criminal history record:
Sealing Criminal Record – Orlando Criminal Attorney Services:
Speak with a Orlando criminal attorney and review our website for more information on Florida criminal offenses:
Florida Crimes Menu
SEALING FLORIDA CRIMINAL RECORD
CALL AN ORLANDO CRIMINAL ATTORNEY TODAY
Free Initial Consultation
Avail 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
Sealing Criminal Record – The Wilson Law Firm provides a free initial consultation with an experienced Orlando criminal attorney. Call us today to speak with an Orange County criminal lawyer about the legal process and your rights.