FLORIDA FIREARM MINIMUM MANDATORY PENALTIES 10-20-LIFE
CALL US TODAY
Criminal Defense Menu
Florida Firearm Minimum Mandatory Sentences 10-20-Life
The 1999 Florida Legislature passed sweeping legislation that provides for enhanced minimum mandatory prison terms for offenders who commit crimes with guns. The penalties, often referred to as 10-20-Life, apply if the defendant is convicted of certain crimes involving the use of a firearm.
1) Mandates a minimum 10 year prison term for certain felonies or attempted felonies in which the offender possesses a firearm or destructive device
2) Mandates a minimum 20 year prison term when the firearm is discharged
3) Mandates a minimum 25 years to LIFE if someone is injured or killed
4) Mandates a minimum 3 year prison term for possession of a firearm by a felon
5) Mandates that the minimum prison term is to be served consecutively to any other term of imprisonment imposed
Please review the following Florida Statute for more information on some of the penalties involved with certain criminal offenses involving firearms.
Florida Statute 775.087 – Possession or use of weapon; aggravated battery; felony reclassification; minimum sentence (Florida’s 10-20-Life Law for offenses involving Firearms).
Experienced Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer:
If you or a loved one has been arrested for a crime, call an experienced Orlando criminal attorney to discuss your situation. In many criminal cases, a properly prepared defense by a criminal lawyer will result in either reduced penalties, reduced charges, or a dismissal of the charges. Even in criminal cases where the evidence of guilt is overwhelming, a properly prepared defense and presentation of mitigating circumstances by an Orlando criminal lawyer can result in significant decreases in the penalties you receive.
Orlando Criminal Attorney Services:
Speak with a Orlando criminal attorney and review our website for more information on Florida criminal offenses:
Florida Crimes Menu
CALL AN ORLANDO CRIMINAL ATTORNEY TODAY
Free Initial Consultation
Avail 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
The Wilson Law Firm provides a free initial consultation with an experienced Orlando criminal attorney and Orange County Florida DUI lawyer. Call us today to speak with an Orange County criminal lawyer about the legal process and your rights.