ORLANDO BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS / ORLANDO SWIMMING INJURY LAWYERS
CALL US TODAY
Accident & Injury Menu
Boating, Swimming & Watercraft Accident Attorney
The Wilson Law Firm represent victims who have been injured in boating, swimming and watercraft accidents through the negligence of others. Thousands of accidents occur each year on Florida’s pools, rivers, lakes and ocean with many of them resulting in serious bodily injury or death. Unfortunately, most of these accidents also could have been prevented but for the negligence of one or more parties. If you have been injured in a boating, swimming or watercraft accident, call us today to speak with an Orlando accident attorney.
Some of the common causes of boat and watercraft accidents include:
Boating under the Influence.
Driver and Operator Error.
Faulty Diving Boards, Handrails and Ladders.
Faulty Water Slides and Equipment.
Improper Pool and Pool Area Maintenance.
Lack of Fencing.
Lack of Fire Extinguisher or other Boating Equipment.
Lack of Sufficient Flotation Devices.
Lack of Warning Signs.
Mechanical and Vessel Problems.
Water Contamination in Pools, Hot Tubs and Spas.
Boating & Watercraft Accidents: In Florida, boaters are required to abide by certain laws while boating, including ensuring that their vessel is properly equipped with flotation devices and fire extinguishers, and that the boat is driven or operated only by those individuals authorized by law to do so. Also boaters should not be under the influence at the time they are operating the vessels. In many accident cases, these laws were not being followed and contributed to or caused the accident.
Pool Accidents & Injuries: In Florida, pool owners, hotels and water parks may be found negligent if they fail to ensure that their pools, hot tubs and spas are safe, including fencing, slip proof surfaces and proper warning signs where necessary. People operating boats and watercraft must also abide by applicable laws and in many swimming accident and drowning cases, these laws were not being followed and contributed to or caused the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boating, swimming or watercraft accident, Call the Wilson Law Firm Today at (407) 648-5255 to speak with an experienced Orlando boating accident attorney and learn more about your legal rights and the options available to you. Once retained, the Firm will investigate the case to determine what happened and which parties are potentially liable. Then the Firm will then aggressively pursue compensation for any damages you or your loved one may have suffered.
The Wilson Law Firm provides a Free Initial Consultation and is available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week. For more information about Florida law and boat accident cases please review the following or speak with an Orlando boating accident attorney today:
Boating, Swimming & Watercraft Accident Checklist:
The following list contains things you should consider doing after an accident if you are medically able to and the accident scene is safe.
1) Contact Law Enforcement – They will be able to assist you with the situation and will write a report about the accident which may be useful for your case.
2) Get proper medical treatment – In many cases, due to adrenaline and the shock of the accident, you may not even be aware that you’re injured. In addition, some injuries may not be apparent yet to you immediately following the accident. A medical evaluation will help determine the nature and extent of any injuries.
3) Collect Information – If you are able to, get the names and contact information from anyone involved and any witnesses to the accident, including any officers who arrive at the accident scene. In addition, you should get the vessel information for anyone involved in the accident, including any insurance companies and policy numbers, driver’s license numbers, and the make, model, year of any boats or watercraft involved.
4) Take Pictures – If you have a camera available, take as many pictures as of the vessels and accident scene as you can. These pictures can be extremely helpful in determining how the accident occurred and what happened as well as in identifying witnesses who were present at the scene. These photos may be very helpful for your case.
5) Speak with an Orlando accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident.
Statements to Insurance Companies:
You should strongly consider consulting with an attorney before making any statements to the insurance company. Insurance companies are in business to make money and many will use tactics to reduce the amount of money they pay out in accidents, this includes using any statements that you provide against you. For more information speak with an boating accident attorney today.
Citizenship and Accident Claims:
You do not need to be a United States Citizen to file an accident claim.
Under Florida law, even if you are partly to blame for your injury, if another person is also partly to blame then they are held financially responsible for their percentage of the damages and costs that you incur as a result of the injury. The amount of compensation you will receive then is dependent on the amount of damages and the fault attributable to the other party.
In personal injury cases, you may be eligible to recover some of the following types of damages depending on the facts and type of case:
1) Past and future medical expenses.
2) Past and future loss of income or earning capacity.
3) Past and future pain, suffering and emotional distress.
4) Loss of enjoyment of Life.
5) Car repairs and/or replacement.
6) Rental car costs.
7) Expenses associated with death.
8) Loss of victims retirement benefits or medical coverage.
9) Loss of companionship to survivors.
10) Punitive damages.
11) Any other financial loss that would not have occurred but for the injury.
The law limits the amount of time you have to bring a personal injury action, and you should speak with an Orlando boating accident attorney as soon as possible to know what the time limits are in your case. This is also important because in many cases it may take time to determine the total extent of any injuries. For more information speak with an Orlando accident attorney today.
Length of your case:
In some cases, the parties may make a reasonable settlement offer within a few months, even before a lawsuit is filed. However, where there is a dispute as to fault or the extent of the injury, it may take a considerable amount of time before a resolution is reached or the case goes to trial. For more information speak with an Orlando boating accident attorney today.
The Wilson Law Firm represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, which means the Firm doesn’t collect any attorney fees until it recovers compensation for your case. For more information speak with an boating accident attorney today. For more information speak with an Orlando accident attorney today.
Orlando Accident Attorney – Orlando Injury Lawyer:
Call the Wilson Law Firm Today at (407) 648-5255 to speak with a Orlando accident attorney about your situation or to schedule a Free Initial Consultation. The Wilson Law Firm represents individuals in boating, swimming and watercraft accident cases in the Orlando and Central Florida area, including Brevard County, Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County, and Volusia County.
CALL AN ORLANDO BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY
Free Initial Consultation
Avail 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
The Wilson Law Firm provides a free initial consultation where you will speak with an Orlando accident attorney and Orange County Florida injury lawyer to discuss your case. Call us today to speak with an experienced Orlando accident attorney about the legal process and your rights.